You awake to discover yourself no longer in the company of good men or a fine seafaring vessel. Treasure... you remember something about treasure. Wayward is a challenging turn-based, top-down, wilderness survival roguelike. Explore, build, and most importantly survive in these unforgiving lands.
Please note that these quick facts, along with other information on this page may change as Wayward develops.
- Name: Wayward
- Developer: Unlok
- Release Date: April 22nd, 2016 1:00 PM PDT
- Available On: Steam
- Current Platforms: Windows, macOS, Linux
- Current Steam Features: Steam Workshop, Steam Cloud, Early Access
You are free to monetize, stream and create video content for Wayward. Need proof? Check out the Monetization/Streaming page.
We cannot guarantee press copies to all that ask, but drop us a line anyway! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgRequest Press Copy
Beta 2.9 Preview
Beta 2.8 Preview
Beta 2.0 Trailer
- Infinite procedural generation with three island types featuring many sub-biomes and environments.
- Over 500 items to craft, discover and interact with.
- More than 45 creatures and animals to combat and harvest.
- Sandbox game mechanics mixed with roguelike gameplay and heavy inventory management.
- Deep, multi-faceted skill system with over 25 skills.
- Open-ended and open-world gameplay.
- Online multiplayer with optional PVP mode.
- Optional permadeath (hardcore), or respawning (casual) modes.
- 20+ hours of content and gameplay before reaching the "end-game".
- Day and night system.
- Choose from the following game modes: hardcore, casual, challenge, or custom.
- Modding and Steam Workshop support.
- Play in turn-based (default), simulated turn-based (multiplayer only), or real-time modes.
- Character customization.
- Dynamic reputation and difficulty system.
- Ability to rollback to the last 25 versions or play the latest development build of the game before public release via Steam.
- Iterative game design and community feedback driven.
Wayward is a challenging turn-based, top-down, wilderness survival roguelike. Explore, build, and most importantly survive in these unforgiving lands.
In Wayward, there is a large focus on simulation, survival and openness. There are no classes; there are no levels. Progression of your character depends on individual skill and stat gains by your interactions with items or objects in the world. You are free to play and explore the game in any fashion you wish.
Wayward will continue to grow, expand, and evolve over time to open up new modes of play, add depth and complexity, add content, and further refine the systems presented. You are free to come a long for the ride as we try to make this game a truly unique experience through our iteration and through your feedback.
Screenshots & Media
Download all of this media and more (including promotional banners).Download Media