You awake to discover yourself no longer in the company of good men or a fine seafaring vessel. Treasure... you remember something about treasure. Wayward is a challenging turn-based, top-down, wilderness survival roguelike. Explore, build, and most importantly survive in these unforgiving lands.
Please note that these quick facts, along with other information on this page may change as Wayward develops.
- Name: Wayward
- Developer: Unlok
- Release Date: April 22nd, 2016 1:00 PM PDT
- Available On: Steam
- Current Platforms: Windows, macOS, Linux
- Current Steam Features: Steam Workshop, Steam Cloud, Early Access
- Genre: Wilderness Survival Roguelike
- Price: $7.99 USD (Early Access)
- Website: www.waywardgame.com
- Developer Website: www.unlok.ca
- Press Contact: email@example.com
- Links & Resources: Discord, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Mastodon, Reddit, Blog, Todo, Changelog
You are free to monetize, stream and create video content for Wayward. Need proof? Check out the Monetization/Streaming page.
We cannot guarantee press copies to all that ask, but drop us a line anyway! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgRequest Press Copy
Wayward is on Nexus! This means if you are a content creator, you can help us out by selling Wayward on your own storefront provided by Nexus. You will get a cut of all profits from any sales you make. Make sure to check out the other games you can sell as well while you are there.Nexus.gg
"Wheels & Wetlands" Preview
Beta 2.0 Trailer
- Sandbox survival game mechanics mixed with roguelike gameplay.
- Over 630 items to craft, discover and interact with.
- Deep, multi-faceted skill system with over 25 skills.
- More than 50 creatures and animals to combat, harvest, or tame.
- Iterative game design and community feedback driven with transparent development.
- Online multiplayer with optional PVP mode.
- 25+ hours of content and gameplay before reaching the "end-game" with supplemental content requiring hundreds of hours.
- Infinite procedural generation with four island types featuring unique content for each biome.
- Optional permadeath (hardcore), or respawning (casual) modes.
- 45 milestones to unlock that provide unique gameplay modifiers.
- Ability to rollback to previous versions or play the latest development build of the game before public release via Steam.
- Choose from the following game modes: hardcore, casual, challenge, or custom.
- Day and night system with temperature effects.
- Character customization.
- Dynamic reputation and difficulty system.
- Play in turn-based (default), simulated turn-based (multiplayer only), or real-time modes.
- Modding and Steam Workshop support with extensive development tools.
- 18 custom music tracks.
Wayward is a challenging turn-based, top-down, wilderness survival roguelike. Explore, build, and most importantly survive in these unforgiving lands.
In Wayward, there is a large focus on simulation, exploration, and discovery. There are no classes; there are no levels. Progression of your character depends on individual skill and stat gains by your interactions with items or objects in the world. You are free to play and explore the game in any fashion you wish.
Wayward is a traditional roguelike, meaning it has random environment generation, (optional) permadeath, turn-based gameplay, grid-based movement, complexity, non-modal interactions, resource/inventory management, and more. As such, Wayward is similar to games like UnReal World, Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, or Dwarf Fortress.
Screenshots & Media
Download all of this media and more (including promotional banners).Download Media